An unexpected accident can result in devastating consequences for Lake Oswego residents. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident, an accident victim can experience serious injuries, financial hardship, psychological trauma, and more. In many cases, someone else’s actions are responsible for these damages.
If you are injured in a Lake Oswego accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. The Lake Oswego personal injury attorneys at Tillmann Law can represent your claim and help you secure a maximum award, supporting you on your path to recovery.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys have years of experience in personal injury law and have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients. We will fight aggressively to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
- Our lawyers understand the intricacies of personal injury litigation and can guide you through each stage of your claim. We provide our clients with the dedication and personalized attention they deserve.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure an award in your case, you will not be charged legal fees. If you do receive a settlement, we will take an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement as payment—limiting your out-of-pocket costs.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
A personal injury refers to any harm that occurs to your mind, body, or emotions. A personal injury lawsuit is a type of legal action you can take against a person whose negligent actions cause a personal injury. Through this claim, you can hold him or her accountable for the losses you sustained in the accident.
At Tillmann Law, we represent Lake Oswego residents in a wide range of personal injury claims. Some of the cases we handle include the following.
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bite injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
Damages in Oregon Personal Injury Lawsuits
Accidents in personal injury claims often result in painful injuries. In many cases, these injuries require extensive medical care and result in permanent, life-altering complications—leading to physical, emotional, and financial consequences.
Through a personal injury claim, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you experienced due to the at-fault party’s actions. Economic damages involve tangible, financial losses, while non-economic damages refer to your physical and psychological pain and suffering.
Common types of damages available in Oregon personal injury lawsuits include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Chronic pain
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
How to Prove a Personal Injury Lawsuit
To secure compensation in a personal injury claim, you will need to supply enough evidence proving that the at-fault party’s actions caused your accident and resulting injuries. Specifically, you will need to supply enough evidence to support the four elements of negligence.
- Duty: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident. This element will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. For example, drivers owe a duty to follow Oregon traffic laws and drive safely. Property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises and warn visitors of potential hazards.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party’s actions breached his or her duty of care. For example, a driver who runs a red light or drives under the influences breaks Oregon law and his or her duty of care. A property owner who ignores repair requests from his or her tenants also breaches his or her duty.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused your accident and resulting injuries. This element can be difficult to prove, but you can use multiple pieces of evidence to establish causation, such as surveillance footage, police reports, witness testimony, and photographic evidence.
- Damages: You sustained damages due to the at-fault party’s actions that you can collect in your lawsuit. You can use multiple pieces of evidence to prove these damages, including medical bills, invoices, receipts, and expert witness testimony.
Your attorney from Tillmann Law can help you gather the evidence that you need to support each of these elements and establish the at-fault party’s liability. We will work tirelessly to craft a compelling case in your favor and hold the defendant accountable.
The Statute of Limitations for Oregon Personal Injury Claims
If you believe that you qualify for a personal injury lawsuit, it is important to speak to an attorney at Tillmann Law as soon as possible. Under Oregon’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims, you have two years from the date of your accident to file. If you file your claim after this deadline, the court will likely dismiss your case.
While there are exceptions to the statute of limitations, they are not always common in personal injury cases. To identify your appropriate filing deadline and protect your right to compensation, contact a Lake Oswego personal injury lawyer.
Why You Need a Lake Oswego Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit in Oregon, you need an attorney on your side. Hiring a personal injury lawyer from Tillmann Law can provide several benefits to your case, including the following.
- Your lawyer will understand the steps involved in a personal injury lawsuit and can guide you through each stage of your case, helping you avoid common errors and delays.
- You may need to negotiate with insurance companies or defense attorneys during your case. Your lawyer has the skills to navigate these conversations on your behalf, advocating aggressively for your best interests.
- You may not know the full extent of your injuries and pathways to compensation. Your lawyer can calculate the full value of your damages and evaluate any settlement offers you receive, helping you avoid an insufficient award.
- Your attorney will have handled many cases similar to yours and can leverage his or her knowledge, skills, resources, and case strategies to develop a compelling argument for your right to maximum recovery.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Were you injured in a Lake Oswego accident? In these situations, you may be eligible for a personal injury lawsuit—and the attorneys at Tillmann Law can help. Our Lake Oswego personal injury lawyers will fight diligently for your right to compensation and help you secure the settlement you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn about your optimal path to recovery.