Commercial truck accidents can be very severe. These large, heavy-duty trucks can cause devastating collisions with passenger vehicles, leading to serious injuries and fatalities. Many truck accidents are caused by the negligence of the truck driver, his or her employer, or a defective vehicle part.
If you are injured in a Lake Oswego truck accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, Tillmann Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your collision. Our Lake Oswego truck accident attorneys will advocate aggressively for your right to maximum compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our lawyers are compassionate and sympathetic to the experiences of our clients. We will provide you with the support you need to recover from your injuries and handle all aspects of your claim, allowing you to focus on healing.
- Our firm has a strong track record of successful settlements and jury verdicts. We have secured millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and are dedicated to achieving maximum recovery in your case.
- Our attorneys take all cases on a contingency fee basis to limit your out-of-pocket costs. If we do not secure compensation in your claim, you will not be charged legal fees.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur due to a number of factors, from negligent driving behaviors to violations of federal and state trucking regulations. Determining the cause of your Lake Oswego truck accident is important; you will need to know how the accident occurred in order to identify the at-fault party and file a claim.
Some of the most causes of truck accidents include the following.
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Hours of service violations
- Defective truck parts
- Improperly trained or licensed drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Poorly maintained or inspected vehicles
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Poorly maintained or defective streets, roads, and highways
Legal Options for Lake Oswego Truck Accident Victims
If you are injured in a Lake Oswego truck accident, you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the party responsible for your collision.
Most truck drivers and trucking companies carry insurance that can pay for your losses in the event of a collision. You can file a third-party claim against this insurance to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more. You could also file a lawsuit against the liable party in Oregon civil court.
The first step toward filing a truck accident claim is to identify who was responsible for the collision. Using this information, you can determine which legal option is right for your case.
- If your accident was caused by driver negligence, the driver would be financially liable for your damages, and you would file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her.
- If the driver was an employee of a trucking company, his or her employer will likely have commercial insurance that you can file a claim against. You can also name the company as a liable party in your truck accident lawsuit.
- Trucking companies and their drivers are subject to strict federal and state regulations. If the trucking company violated state or federal laws or committed another act of negligence that caused your accident , you can file a claim against the entity.
- Some accidents are caused by a defective vehicle part. In these situations, you can file a lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of the defective part.
- If a road defect or hazard caused the accident, you could file a claim against the government agency responsible for maintaining the area where the accident occurred.
Your Lake Oswego truck accident attorney from Tillmann Law can conduct a full investigation into your accident and help you identify the at-fault party.
Your lawyer can also identify your optimal path to maximum compensation, helping you secure the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Are Available in an Oregon Truck Accident Claim?
Commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than the average passenger car. As a result, collisions between these two types of vehicles can lead to devastating, sometimes life-threatening injuries that require extensive medical care.
The physical, emotional, and financial impact of a Lake Oswego truck accident can be very damaging.
Through a truck accident insurance claim or lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses you sustained in the collision.
Economic damages are your financial losses, while non-economic damages are commonly referred to as pain and suffering. Damages available in truck accident claims usually include the following.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations, such as mobility equipment
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Physical pain and suffering, such as disability, disfigurement, and chronic pain
- Emotional pain and suffering, such as mental anguish, emotional distress, depression, and anxiety
Why You Need a Lake Oswego Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident cases are often more complex than the average car accident claim. You may experience difficulties obtaining evidence from the trucking company, struggle to identify the at-fault party, or be unable to focus on your case while recovering from painful injuries.
In these situations, you need an attorney from Tillmann Law on your side.
Hiring a Lake Oswego truck accident attorney to represent your claim can provide several benefits to your case, including the following.
- Your attorney has the resources, time, knowledge, and skills necessary to handle all aspects of your claim on your behalf.
- Your lawyer will have the authority and resources necessary to request valuable pieces of evidence from the trucking company, such as logbooks or inspection data.
- Your attorney will have the negotiation skills necessary to handle discussions with the insurance company in your case, advocating strongly for your best interests.
- Your lawyer can enlist expert witnesses, such as medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists, to assist with your case and provide testimony on your behalf.
- Your lawyer will have handled multiple cases similar to yours. He or she will be able to guide you through each stage of your case and help you avoid common errors that could delay or harm your case.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you are injured in a Lake Oswego truck accident, Tillmann Law can help. Our firm will advocate diligently for your interests and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options with a Lake Oswego truck accident lawyer.